JOIN THE MOVEMENT
College trends come and go. Unfortunately, tobacco likes to stick around.
Maybe it’s because Big Tobacco companies still try to attract a younger crowd (like, why are you so obsessed with us?) by marketing alternative tobacco products like hookahs and e-cigs. Vaping might be new, but it’s not cool. And it’s our job to stop tobacco use on campus, once and for all. We are Peers Against Tobacco, and we help connect Texas college students, like you, who want to make their school tobacco-free. We can help you join a preexisting group on campus, or give you the tools you need to start your own (if your college isn't listed below) — to kick e-cig, hookah, and cigarette butt.
Are you ready to join the movement?
- Austin College
- Huston-Tillotson University
- Lee College
- Midwestern State University
- Paul Quinn College
- Prairie View A&M University
- Southwestern University
- Stephen F Austin University
- Texas Lutheran University
- Texas Southern University
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of Texas - Arlington
- University of Texas - Austin
- University of Texas - Dallas
- University of Texas - El Paso
- University of Texas - San Antonio
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Brownsville
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley - Edinburg
- University of Texas - Tyler
- Vernon College
Our creative outreach materials tackle two prominent issues on college campuses: the prevalence of alternative tobacco products, like e-cigs and hookahs, and “casual” or “occasional” smoking. See below for a creative overview and links to download outreach materials.
Better Bad Habits
IT GETS CLINGY
A SMOKER IS A SMOKER
Comprehensive tobacco-free campus policies have been shown to reduce the use of tobacco and alternative tobacco products among college students. First, check out our Outreach Rollout Guide. Then, look through our database to see how your school’s policy ranks among other two and four-year colleges. After that, use our supplemental Policy Implementation Guide and M.D. Anderson’s Tobacco-Free Policy Toolkit to make a real change on your campus.